Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Finally cleared 4000 words

Now, for those of you who actually have writing schedules respected by the known universe, you may well smirk.  I am having a hell of a time with the middle bits of my short story because....I'm at the icky part.

(an aside.  For the second time, it's been suggested that I consider 'who I am writing for' when I write poetry - it may help the writing process.  Problem is, my husband doesn't really care to read poetry.  So, who will I write for now?  Not sure, but until I figure it out, I'll go with Gerard Butler.)

ANYWAY
I'm at the part where disclosures and discoveries about the n'er-do-wells start unfolding, and I have to, er, write it down.  And these boys are very very not normal.  A crowd of hardened non-conformists would say they were not normal.  To say nothing of nasty, sociopathic, and sadistic.  I am going to try to make it an only briefly horrifying read, (er, the parts where you find out this stuff), and then, you know, make the story keep going.  But, while I'm writing it out and plotting it, it seems icky things are bound to happen and I don't feel happy about it. Or about writing it.

On the other hand, I'm gonna dream up a really nasty piece of justice for them too, because I decided I can't write the kind of story that's Nasty AND unjust.  Even though the current ending (prior to dreamed-up justice) is absolutely true to the story as I dreamed it up - it is a very logical ending.

But it's nasty in the wrong way - tragic.  And I won't write a tragedy without redemption for somebody. There's too much of that in the world.

So, there's something to consider. Keep busy, all.

My daughter came down from her nap a full hour early.  She's definitely one guarantee I will be very, very busy.

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment