Monday, September 12, 2011

Just do it already..................

Today has been the living example of "do it now or you'll regret it."

What do I mean by this?

This morning, I got up early, had my coffee, checked my email. My husband has a pretty grim head cold and sore throat, so I figured any doing today needs to be done by me - and the sooner, the better. I unloaded the dishwasher, put away clean laundry,watered the plants and cleaned the kids bathroom.

My son woke in a grand mood, but was putzing around, not getting dressed. He winced and said his stomach hurt, I told him to get dressed and eat. Should have sent him to the freshly cleaned wc, as it turns out.

15 minutes later he has an obviously troubled tummy, some new laundry for me to clean, and we are calling the school to give the symptoms and keep him home.

While this is going on, I'm trying to get my daughter going for her first full day of pre-school (in between tossing stuff in the laundry) This goes great - she even shrieks - "Look, there's my preschool!" on the way there. When I park the car in front, she says,

"Mama, I do not want you to leave me here".

I convinced her to walk in with me and say hi to her teacher, and once we got in, washed hands, hung up her bag, and found her 'frog'. She sat down to do a puzzle, my eyes filled up with tears, I gave her a hi-five and told her "see ya later". Leaving sooner than I wanted probably kept the teacher from having to comfort her, not to mention her sappy-assed mother as well! Well done to just.....go already...........

Inspiration struck when I got home, I found the cleansing-bleachy-wipey-cloths and scrubbed every surface my son and husband could have touched. Started to make myself a second breakfast after I thought to talk with my son's teacher about sending his homework with a neighbor (and remembered to scrub my hands but good!). Took care of that and was - briefly - ahead of the game.

Then I knocked the jar of pizza sauce off the lower shelf when I was checking the protein stash for dinner. I just cleaned the danged fridge last week, so this didn't help my mood. I'm cleaning cold sauce and glass off the floor, and a little voice in my head says:

"turn off the stove or your lunch will be on fire - just do it now."

Another voice - stubbornly - replies:
"oh, come on, I'm almost done"

I actually thought about it for a moment.

Today was the day to clean like a banshee all morning and do art all afternoon.

I end up with both of the guys home, and am barely on top of the cleaning, as new messes accumulate. The odds of me Not starting something on fire are actually getting....pretty small, so I turned off the stove, finished with the mess, wolfed my sandwich, and picked up my daughter. On time here is good, as it's $1/minute after the first 15 late. And no-one wants their kid to feel forgotten on the First Day of School! We stopped at the dance store for the promised sparkly ballet gear bag, and she was excited to read a new book  from her classroom.

After she had lunch, she and I went upstairs for her nap, where she immediately lied to my face and said:
"I don't Haaaavvvvve to go to the potty".

15 minutes later she's clogged the toilet and I am cleaning stuff Again.

My bed isn't made, the laundry isn't reloaded, I posted Naught for ROW 80, the table isn't decluttered, and if I don't vacuum my rug within the next 15 minutes, I'm pretty sure it's going to sprout arms and clean its own damned self......(maybe I could pay it to dust, too, as I am seriously low on energy.)

Nothing else for it, is there? Pour myself a glass of water, take on the laundry, vacuum the rug, and wake the daughter while I get everything else rolling for the evening (which list, I must say, is pretty packed). What really ticks me off is there are about three things that are banging at the back of my head that I am supposed to be taking care of as well, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what they are!

(looks around. spots pile of books to be put away. recognizes them as library books and movies and the light goes on. Another hop in the car is at hand. Wonders what it will take to get my husband in the car to......just do it, already....)

Oh well.

Tomorrow Is Another Day.

;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment