Wednesday, January 16, 2013

This little light of mine....

Ah, at last.

Weeks late.

But, I did say I would post a picture of an ice lantern.

That was right before our spring thaw.

Which was followed by something like -22 C.

So, not ideal ice lantern weather.








There are two, courtesy of some mostly-useful cheap thriftstore buckets.

I was left with lumps of ice that were quite pretty (from weighing down the interior cup for the candle cavity), but I couldn't come up with a use for them. Watering the plants, I guess.

Anyway, they seem to work better than the half-orb bowls I did last month, they block a bit of the wind.

Minnesota winters are, in general, breezy.

We'll be going up and down the thermometer in the next two weeks, so whatever melts one day will be utterly dangerous all over the sidewalk the next.

Alright, back to the mayhem. More than usual (tame mayhem, by most standards. But mayhem and frazzle inducing nonetheless.) Among other things, I am sincerely wondering if I am smart enough to keep ahead of my kid.

Oh well, a bit of worry is as good as caffeine when you need to get something done :-)

Good night.
Stay warm.

Shed a little light.

The world seems to need it right now :-)

s.

No comments:

Post a Comment