Friday, May 11, 2012

The Id Gets A Workout

Hello there, web crawlers - how does the late hour find you?

I cannot assume you are all off, catching bugs and other creepy-critters. I have been rounding up rodeo clowns, myself.

Which may, or may not, remind you that I've been preparing to buy a house.

It's the kind of thing that upsets any routines, so you can imagine the hell it's played with my loosy-goosy attempts at order. We've improved the bedtime effort (mainly because making two overtired children move to a new home is much more impossible than moving upset and energetic ones) but most of my routines in the last week have crystallized into....being lied to. By a Realtor for the builder.

Yelling.

At a Realtor for a builder.

Complaining about daylight, streaming through the basement wall.

To a realtor for a builder.

On the plus side, I called nobody a clown (although the words 'fiasco', 'circus', and 'tail chasing' got a workout).  And, I got to rat out the realtor - to the V.P. - for blaming the entire mess on the builder's staff. Right in front of the big liar too, come to think of it.

Even my own kids don't tell me as many whoppers as this guy did.

However, the closing is done, and the next adventure begins. The re-assembly of the orchid house, in the new place, starts up at noon. The packing shall extend for another 30 minutes, and then I am going to be sensible and go to bed.

There may be extra mayhem on deck, or things may unroll smoothly into place. But a good nights sleep would really come in handy for that.

I've plenty of ideas cooking, you see. Many snippets of stories are tugging at my mind, but the homefront is the homefront. Mine, in fact.

There's a summer of gardening coming up, of finding out if blackberries are truly 'illegal' in town, of catching fireflies, and iced mint tea on the front porch. There's time to drag my kids to the pool until  we are all exhausted from swimming, and filling them up with popsicles on the cool cement floor of the unfinished basement. There's a camping trip to plan, and a pond to observe (saw our local beaver trying to cross back from the high school across the busy local road. I think he made it - school is clearly smartening him up!).

There's a lot of good coming up, and it's all food for thought. I hope your orchids are blooming, your art has been plentiful (please find me - orchidhouse - on Pinterest - much of my re-discoveries are there!) and your hearts are light.

And to all the mommies out there, happy Mother's day :-)

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment