It’s Not by Chance
There are some people who haven't forgotten
- that chickens once had teeth;
- that creatures like emus once hunted in packs,
- and that somewhere in the spiral
behind the eyes of a vulture
and in the hips of an ostrich
the equation for tyrant lizards lies in wait.
There are other people who know
that a wild turkey
entering a windshield
at 65 miles an hour
northbound on 35W, is a gift from God
- it's three days before Thanksgiving,
- the only things broken are the windshield and one bird neck,
- you have the number of a very good butcher.
by shari emerson
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!