Monday, February 4, 2013

Mr. Insomnia, This Had Better Be Good

Good, well, early, morning to you all.

Here at 'freezing-yourt-tushie-off', Minnesota, I have cleared the last figurative hurdle in beating down a four-day pesky head-cold/brutal allergies session. And am sipping french roast while laptop-gazing and noting the occasional snowplow lights. And am pondering how much french roast will be needed to get me through the day.

I usually get allergies when highly stressed/not getting enough sleep. Even if nothing else should come of it, I am surely setting myself up for an interesting Tuesday!

The problem with getting up (coughing) unexpectedly is that the new project on my brain presents too many things to think about. Challenges that need to be looked at down the road, but that may be that I am just focusing on those challenges because they are less immediate than my daily challenges. Basic ones - nutrition for the kids (she still doesn't like many foods), exercise (my son needs like 2 more hours of it Every Day), basic discipline and routines. Mommy stuff (well, This mommy, anyway.)

The kicker is that when my son can't sleep, I tell him to think about Fun things. Plan out fun projects. Pretend you're fishing with Uncle Jeff and you caught a whopper!! When I try the same thing, it turns into a to-do list.

So, this is what I came up with:
 - make coffee (obviously. done)
 - follow another link or two from The Paris Apartment, or another French-themed blog (inspiration)
 - Plan today's meals (maybe use some of that inspiration)
 - greet my husband with a real breakfast
 - see which of the kids still has a fever, then feed Them their breakfast
 - drink the other half of the coffee pot.
 - work on the office as planned. The goal is to make it more usable by next Monday for filing and painting the project pieces. By way of explanation, I should say that not even my daughter can sneak in there without tripping or getting stuck, and she has the tiniest feet in the house!! To be fair, there IS a dog kennel in the middle of the floor ;-) And a cute dog that sleeps in there at night.

So, there you have it. A plan.

Not much of a plan, I grant you. But it should take me through the next 5 hours or so.

-

-

Oh.

Are you kidding me?

Yawning?

NOW?

(sighs. shakes head)


Right.


Gonna be a long day indeed......

Make it a good one!

S.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment